Use of “Public” and ‘Private” Videos
AlzhaTV app involves uploading of “private” and “public” videos by family and friends for the enjoyment of their loved ones! Private videos include those made and owned by family members and friends. The family members and friends who upload should ascertain the ownership of the private videos. Any unauthorized videos could lead to your loss of AlzhaTV service. Family members will decide who to include in their videos and those are the ones should be contacted to resolve any such dispute. The videos will only be shared with their loved one (patient) and not with anyone else except the staff of nursing homes and healthcare professionals involved in patient care. AlzhaTV does not monitor any private videos and the contents responsibility and ownership remains with the family members. Any videos uploaded by family members will not be utilized for any other purposes.
Public videos include those that are either in public domain (not copyrighted) or owned by 3rd parties.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Here are some examples of the types of personal information AlzhaTV may collect and how we may use it:
What personal information we collect
• When you create an AlzhaTV ID, purchase a product, download a software update, or contact us, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card information.
• When you share your content with family and friends using AlzhaTV, or invite others to participate in AlzhaTV services, AlzhaTV may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
How we use your personal information
• The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on AlzhaTV latest product announcements and software updates.
• We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
• We may use your personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may use the date of birth to determine the age of AlzhaTV ID account holders.
• From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with AlzhaTV, you may not opt-out of receiving these communications.
• We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve AlzhaTV products, services, and customer communications.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
• We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where an AlzhaTV product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
• We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure the quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
• With your explicit consent, we may collect data about how you use your device and applications to help app developers improve their apps.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base. AlzhaTV may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times, AlzhaTV may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with AlzhaTV to provide products and services, or that help AlzhaTV market to customers. For example, when you purchase and activate your AlzhaTV, you authorize AlzhaTV to exchange the information you provide during the activation process to carry out service. If you are approved for service, your account will be governed by AlzhaTV privacy policies. Personal information will only be shared by AlzhaTV to provide or improve our products, services, and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
AlzhaTV shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing, and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information.AlzhaTV shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing, and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for AlzhaTV to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
AlzhaTV takes the security of your personal information very seriously. AlzhaTV services protect your personal information during transit using encryption such as Transport Layer Security (TLS). When your personal data is stored by AlzhaTV, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures. Cloud data is stored in encrypted form including when we utilize third party storage.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by logging in to your account at https://www.alzhatv.com/. For other personal information we hold, we will provide you with access for any purpose including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if AlzhaTV is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made through the website.
To provide location-based services on AlzhaTV products, AlzhaTV and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your device. Where available, location-based services may use GPS, Bluetooth, and your IP Address, along with crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspot and cell tower locations, and other technologies to determine your devices’ approximate location. Unless you provide consent, this location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by AlzhaTV and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services. For example, your device may share its geographic location with application providers when you opt into their location services.
Third Party Sites and Services
AlzhaTV websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties − for example, when you use public videos or movies. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Please note that personal information, including the information provided when using Cloud, regarding individuals who reside in a member state of the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland is controlled by Apple Distribution International in Cork, Ireland, and processed on its behalf by AlzhaTV LLC. Personal information collected in the EEA and Switzerland when using iTunes is controlled by iTunes SARL in Luxembourg and processed on its behalf by Apple only.
Apple abides by the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Cross Border Privacy Rules System. The APEC CBPR system provides a framework for organizations to ensure protection of personal information transferred among participating APEC economies.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to AlzhaTV employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
All such communications are examined, and replies issued where appropriate as soon as possible. If you are unsatisfied with the reply received, you may refer your complaint to the relevant regulator in your jurisdiction. If you ask us, we will endeavour to provide you with information about relevant complaint avenues which may be applicable to your circumstances.